5 ideas for healthy breakfasts
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A healthy breakfast will improve blood sugar levels, increase metabolism, and reduce the desire to snack throughout the day. Studies now show that people who eat a healthy breakfast are thinner than those who skip breakfast.
Here are 5 healthy breakfast ideas you can start using today:
1. Super Quick Omelet: Ingredients: 2 eggs, 2 ounces diced turkey bacon and ¾ cup chopped spinach. Method: Beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Add the bacon and spinach and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Place the ingredients in a microwave safe container. Microwave on high for a minute, add a slice of whole wheat toast, and you’ve got a perfect breakfast to start your day.
2. Strawberry Smoothie – Smoothies are quick, easy to make, and great when you need to get up and go. Ingredients: 1 cup of skim milk, 1 cup of strawberries, ½ cup of yogurt and 4 ice cubes. Method: Put all the ingredients in the blender on high heat and blend until smooth. Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy.
3. Lean Cheese and Vegetable Wrap – Wraps are quick, healthy, and a great way to start your day. Ingredients: 1 flour tortilla, 1 cup cooked mixed vegetables of your choice, 2 tablespoons low-fat shredded cheddar cheese. Method: Place the tortilla on a plate and sprinkle the cheese on top. Heat the tortilla in the microwave over medium heat for 40 seconds. Add the vegetables, roll up the tortilla and eat hot.
4. Quick Fruit Yogurt Salad: Fruit salad and yogurt should top the list as an all-time favorite breakfast. Ingredients: 1 small banana, 1 small apple, ½ cup of frozen mixed berries, and 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt. Method: Cut the banana and apple into thin slices and place in a bowl. Add the berries and mix the ingredients. Top the fruit salad with the vanilla yogurt and enjoy.
5. Homemade Muesli: Low-fat, high-fiber, and made just the way you like it. Ingredients: ½ cup lightly toasted rolled oats, 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon juicy raisins, ¼ cup dried banana and pineapple chips, ¾ cup skim milk. Method: Put all the ingredients in a bowl, stir until just combined. Add the milk and start your day the right way.
Now you have 5 healthy breakfasts for your work week. Each of the recipes takes only a few minutes to prepare. A healthy breakfast is a great way to start your day and jump-start your metabolism.