Advantages and disadvantages of Facebook
When MySpace hit the Internet, millions were excited to have a place to share and network with their friends. Facebook arrived on the scene and slowly began to steal market share from MySpace. Today, the MySpace market is shrinking and Facebook is hitting new highs in traffic and the number of users.
However, there are some people who wonder if the time spent on Facebook is worth it, its advantages and disadvantages make many think. As with all systems, there are positives and negatives, if you’re going to weigh up the pros and cons of Facebook, let’s take a look at a few facts:
- Facebook is becoming a place for long distance relationships with many people you will never meet, this takes some of the intimacy out of relationships.
- Facebook addiction is becoming a real problem; If you have some life, you have other things to do besides sitting on Facebook all day.
- Due to the open and public nature of Facebook, there is the possibility of being harassed online or offline, this can be very aggravating!
- Terrible for worker productivity. If you are self-employed, Facebook can eat up a lot of your time if you’re not careful. If you run a business, your employees can lose valuable and expensive time using Facebook.
- Let’s talk about these people on Facebook who are tagged as “friends” … are they really?
Facebook makes it easy to find and join groups with similar interests and dislikes
It’s easier to find old friends or new friends, since almost everyone is on Facebook.
Facebook makes it easy to reach out and meet new people
Facebook can be used to meet business contacts and to establish contacts.
With this information, you can make your own personal decision about the advantages and disadvantages of Facebook. If you can avoid the negatives and take advantage of the positives, Facebook will be a constructive social networking site in your life.